Plant It Tampa Bay
Hibiscus Syriacus Rubra, also commonly called the Rose Of Sharon, are large shrubs or small trees that produce red, trumpet-shaped flowers over a long season. It is a high impact flower that will make a garden in any part of the world look like a tropical paradise.
It is also known as a hardy hibiscus. They can be planted singly, used as a specimen plant, or grown as hedge plant. They can also be pruned into a single stemmed small tree. It blooms profusely from late summer into the fall. It does not require much care and will do well in average soils.
- Many months and years of bloom
- Tolerant of summer heat
- Vigorous grower that typically grows 8 ft. -12 ft. tall
- Also known as a hardy hibiscus
Easy To Grow
Good For Hedge
Full to Part sun
3 to 6 hours morning sun best
Water regularly - weekly, or more often in extreme heat or containers.
Warm, tropical vibes of 65-90°F
Grown indoors as a houseplant but can be grown outdoors in USDA Hardiness Zones 5-11
Height : 8' - 12'
Wide: Up To 4"
Growth Rate: Fast
Plant Spacing: 3 - 6' apart
Pet Friendly - NO
Qualifies For Free Delivery
- Privacy screen
- Shade around a patio or deck
- Along a fence
- By a walk or driveway
- Small tree
- Corner-of-the-house shrub
- Under tall palms or pine trees
- Container plant for pool, patio or deck
- Backdrop for smaller plants
- Single yard specimen