Plant It Tampa Bay
False Agave is an excellent plant for enriching your landscape. Along with being an impressive focal point like other Agaves, this one has the bonus of having no spines. False agave are beyond easy to grow, requiring no maintenance and they are drought tolerant.
- Indoors: excellent all year round throughout the US, super easy to care for - this sturdy plant is wonderfully fun and easy to grow
- Outdoors: thrives outdoors anywhere in the US, just bring inside when temperature goes below 50°F, can be kept in a container or planted in the ground
- Great for home, office or garden - beginner to expert
- Plant gifts: blue glow agave makes an excellent gift - beautiful and so easy to care for
- Toxic - can be toxic to pets and people if ingested
Light: prefers full Sun indoors and outside, though it might need light shade in the very sunniest, hottest locations
Easy To Grow
Grows well indoors or Outdoors
Good For Containers
6 hours morning sun best
Warm, tropical vibes of 65-90°F
Grown indoors as a houseplant but can be grown outdoors in USDA Hardiness Zones 5-11
Height : 5'
Wide: Up To 4'
Growth Rate: Moderate grower
Plant Spacing: 30" apart
Pet Friendly - NO
Qualifies For Free Delivery
Landscape uses for agave and yucca
- Single yard specimen
- Grouped in a bed of like plants
- Architectural accent
- Entrance to a driveway
- Container plant
No soil amendments are necessary for these tough plants.
Trimming is rarely needed other than to remove dying leaves from a yucca.
Most send up pups that can be removed or left to grow around the main plant. This can be a time-consuming chore with some varieties.
Both these plants are very drought tolerant, though a regular watering is beneficial as long as you give the soil plenty of time to dry out between waterings.
If nothing else, at least water to get the plant established, and then during dry spells to promote the best of health and beauty.
Fertilizer is also optional. However, the plants will benefit from being fertilized 3 times a year - in spring, summer, and autumn - with a top quality granular fertilizer.